Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping wave with a fx sho cruiser??
Hi some one told me that fx sho cruiser are not designed for some wave jumping this can not be right??????????????? some one fill me please i thought they were ok to jump with out going over board some fill me please??? Gary
2011 FX SHO CRUISER Big Grin
if you read all the manuals of all brands they advise that jumping isnt recommended lol
[SIZE=5]Cool 300x take2 Cool
[/SIZE]
I've jumped mine many a time without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
As Corey said the manufacturers will advise that the ski is not built for this. But who wants to ride straight lines like Kawasaki's do all day.

What year is your SHO?

The yamaha FX SHO will outlast a FZS in the surf but if you go extreme all will develop stress or major cracks, I have seen it, i have done it and I have had them repaired. The weakness is in how long the rear transom is in the Yamaha "Where the top and bottom decks meet above the pump tunnel. This area is extremely long in a Yamaha and takes all the brunt of the water pressure when landing otherwise the rest of the ski will hold up. If you look at other manuafacturers ski's especially the seadoo's rear transom there is hardly any lip "Unlike on a Yamaha" to catch the water shock post landing.

There are re enforcement plates for the Yamaha FZS but nine for the SHO.

I have made my own rear enforcement plates and no problems anymore.

The average wave jumper will not have many issues. Hope this helps.

Attached are some pics of re enforcing plates for the Yamaha. Big Grin

The first 2 are for the FX the last for the FZ. Once this is done you can hit space!

Attached Files Image(s)

A Cheesecake is not a Cheesecake Until Jimmy71 takes u there! Big Grin
the average wave jumper are the ones that have troubles gary! flat landing them lol
[SIZE=5]Cool 300x take2 Cool
[/SIZE]
ultra300x Wrote:the average wave jumper are the ones that have troubles gary! flat landing them lol

Agree with the issue that might occur further up the ski....not on the rear though

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
Kroozer Wrote:As Corey said the manufacturers will advise that the ski is not built for this. But who wants to ride straight lines like Kawasaki's do all day.

What year is your SHO?

The yamaha FX SHO will outlast a FZS in the surf but if you go extreme all will develop stress or major cracks, I have seen it, i have done it and I have had them repaired. The weakness is in how long the rear transom is in the Yamaha "Where the top and bottom decks meet above the pump tunnel. This area is extremely long in a Yamaha and takes all the brunt of the water pressure when landing otherwise the rest of the ski will hold up. If you look at other manuafacturers ski's especially the seadoo's rear transom there is hardly any lip "Unlike on a Yamaha" to catch the water shock post landing.

There are re enforcement plates for the Yamaha FZS but nine for the SHO.

I have made my own rear enforcement plates and no problems anymore.

The average wave jumper will not have many issues. Hope this helps.

Attached are some pics of re enforcing plates for the Yamaha. Big Grin

The first 2 are for the FX the last for the FZ. Once this is done you can hit space!

I may need to get one of these Kroozer...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
They are custom made Chaddy...

A guy in South Africa makes bolt on plates for the fz

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
I've deliberately taken my 2008 SHO Cruiser out on a terrible day just to have a real go at wave jumping. Absolutely monster waves just near Mordy Pier.
After many attempts and confidence building, I can say that my ski held up pretty well. I can imagine that doing that sort of thing constantly wouldn't be good, as there were numerous weird sounds, like a crack noise, but I think it was more of a 'water slap' rather than a 'crack'.
I tried to get as high on jumping as possible and had no problems. Its not something I'd do on a regular ride anyway, as I'm over 100kgs, plus weight of ski...... That's too much to handle. I do enjoy trying to launch several hundred more into the air though!

That photo of Kroozer halfway to the moon is just freaking amazing!!!
FX Cruiser SHO 2008 :p
Lol, looks too skinny to be Kroozer up there high up in the air????
1997 Yamaha Waveblaster II Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wave jumping 2/12/18 Sunday 9am Mindarie Looking for others to join us toyz 0 1,416 30-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: toyz
  storage areas not water tight in my yamaha sho fx cruiser 2011 myself1962 3 1,400 24-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Last Post: 02diver
  2007 Yamaha vx cruiser seat 02diver 2 1,244 14-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: 02diver
  Need help please with 2011 Yamaha VX Cruiser justin1969 23 4,684 28-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ari
  Wanted. FXHO Cruiser mcguyver 4 1,556 27-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: NFI
  Wave runner taking on water when parked Lufkin 15 2,830 16-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Yamjet
  wave jumping on a seadoo gti130 frilla 5 2,212 17-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: hutch
  Looking to purchase FX sho 2008 Cruiser danielbrown84 4 2,071 24-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: wazza
  Secomd hand FX cruiser SHO mkeech 10 1,770 14-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Last Post: mkeech
  Attention: Sydney Yamaha WaveRunner FX HO Cruiser Owners looking to make $100/hr pdawggydawg 4 1,573 17-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Ross co