Welcome to the OZPWC.COM Message Boards.

Hybrid View

Pro Pro

Default VJSBA Meeting calling all Vic Racers Lower Plenty Hotel Wed 27th May 7:30

Hey PWC racers in Vic.

Some of the enthusiasts want to get together to discuss the future direction of the VJSBA.

Come along to the Lower Plenty Pub 4 Main Rd Lower Plenty VIC Wednesday 27th May from 7:30.

Come along share your ideas and get involved in keeping the Club a vibrant place for Racing and social riding.

Further details Contact
    Tony Scatutio on 0412 341 063.
    George Seadoo 2016 GTX LIMITED 300
    Don't Winterise your ski. A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.
    Other People's Opinion Of You Is None Of Your Business.
    See Chris and Sam at Melbourne Seadoo 0394841779.

Am Am

will be there to get some info on how to get more involved with the club and to ensure it stays as race and social club and hopefully that is what other vic riders will try to ensure as well.
    rxt-x stock r/a

sxr 800- lites class

Pro Pro

Will the Club be putting an effort into getting JNR racing approved for Vic finally?

Every other state currently has JNR racing and the class has been run at the last 3 Australian Nationals.
    ICEMAN 800 Race Team (16 Times IJSBA World Top 10 JNR class)
    2009 IJSBA World JNR Slalom Champion
    Supporters - Funky Moto Pty Ltd http://www.funkymoto.com.au/ ,Blowsion USA http://blowsion.com/

Am-Pro Am-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Day View Post
    Will the Club be putting an effort into getting JNR racing approved for Vic finally?

Every other state currently has JNR racing and the class has been run at the last 3 Australian Nationals.
    Craig,

Just an honest question...? Who in Victoria is a Junior? The last one I know of was Joel Barry. Awesome little guy and did exceptional things at the world finals without a Junior class in Vic! It probably pushed him to where he needed to be to race so well when he was there in Havasu!

As well, who has the money for his or her son/daughter to actually race. I went down to watch the races last month and if Paul Basso wasn't there selling his ski and Kylie and Les weren't testing there's, then there would have only been 2 riders. Both on very different displacement skis.

What's the point of spending the time and money setting up Junior racing if there isn't even enough senior racers in Vic to even get a real race.

By the time anything changes your son will probably be a senior! And if the main reason is money ie not enough parents able to spend the big dollars to get there children in the sport; then I don't see anything happening for a long time!

Most people are putting there ski on the market because jobs are being lost and 'super's' have been taking a hit!

I know your passionate about the sport but its all I ever see you post!

Pro Pro
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I dont have a kid to worry about in this sport.... but seriously look at the WA club advancing with 4 kids licenced and another 7 training all within 12 months effort...
    They now have a new more central training area and already have more families keen to join their kids up...
    You must be blind to the sport if you dont believe bringing kids in will give the sport a boost in the near future.

WHY ? tell me why would you not want to atleast set up JNR approvals ready for a keen parent of a JNR to develop.....

WA - 11
    SA - 1
    NSW - 3
    QLD - 5
    VIC - 0 "not approved"
    Semi tired ( retired ) !
    The further away from my last race the better I was !

Pro Pro

If the SA club were to get approval for 10yr old class we would have at least 4-5 jnrs on the grid. Instead we have 1 who will be 16 in feb and none in the making. How many jnrs will be at next yrs nats if it isnt held at perth so 10yr olds can race?? 3 maybe 4 . Yes the sport is dieing and only Perth is doing something about it. COME ON GUYS AND GALS lets get in line with the other states so all the JNRS can race at next yrs nationals.

Pro Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BU1LD View Post
    Craig,

Just an honest question...? Who in Victoria is a Junior? The last one I know of was Joel Barry. Awesome little guy and did exceptional things at the world finals without a Junior class in Vic! It probably pushed him to where he needed to be to race so well when he was there in Havasu!

As well, who has the money for his or her son/daughter to actually race. I went down to watch the races last month and if Paul Basso wasn't there selling his ski and Kylie and Les weren't testing there's, then there would have only been 2 riders. Both on very different displacement skis.

What's the point of spending the time and money setting up Junior racing if there isn't even enough senior racers in Vic to even get a real race.

By the time anything changes your son will probably be a senior! And if the main reason is money ie not enough parents able to spend the big dollars to get there children in the sport; then I don't see anything happening for a long time!

Most people are putting there ski on the market because jobs are being lost and 'super's' have been taking a hit!

I know your passionate about the sport but its all I ever see you post!
    JNR racing is important to grow the sport.I have to say your post above is negative and depressing.

I have always been a positve person with a view to the future.

If we left the sport up to you we would not have JNR racing.

Sorry maybe we would...though they would be on 440's.
    ICEMAN 800 Race Team (16 Times IJSBA World Top 10 JNR class)
    2009 IJSBA World JNR Slalom Champion
    Supporters - Funky Moto Pty Ltd http://www.funkymoto.com.au/ ,Blowsion USA http://blowsion.com/

Pro Pro
    ...Jet Ski jEt sKi jEt sKI JEt Ski JET Ski JEt Ski JEt sKi JeT SkI JEt SkI Jet Ski Jet Ski LaNd

Thumbs up

played a lot of footy with country victorians in the NTFL......would seriously challenge the interbreading remark...
    asexuals maybe.....
    and i'm hearin Junior MX is dyin off in Vic also....all sellin their race bikes, practice bikes and decalled pimped trailers.............suuuuure
    as with all Junior sports and activities, scouts, athletics wot-eva
    it's usually run and organized by Junior Parents...
    if which-ever club hasn't got the numbers or members of the right age....you'll struggle to get it off the ground.......
    which won't help attract any number numbers into-it.....if at all that's what you want
    i think we're about 12 months away from reaching a sport critical mass where it will self propell....so too speak
    Shops and business's are showing interest and making approach's....some of the kids and parents are preparing Sports Resume's...
    fully sic sponsorship deals are just around the corner........
    we've just offered an alternative Junior sport and are attracting first timers, X MXers, Junior Go-karters etc etc.........
    there's quite a few families that are glad the cold winter weathers just hit and there kids arn't giving them as much pressure to buy a Ski.....

Am-Pro Am-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Day View Post
    JNR racing is important to grow the sport.I have to say your post above is negative and depressing.

I have always been a positve person with a view to the future.

If we left the sport up to you we would not have JNR racing.

Sorry maybe we would...though they would be on 440's.
    Hahaha

Thats gold Craig thats gold!

Thread Information