Welcome to the OZPWC.COM Message Boards.

Thread: Ski Fishing Rig

Threaded View

New Member New Member

Default Ski Fishing Rig

Hi ski fishers

After much researching and my project to rig my Seedoo GTX for fishing I could not be happier with the result. Frustrated with some exorbitant quotes and after market costs and after much trail, discussion and consumption of liquid refreshments, my architect son and I came up with the following fishing rig that has functioned beyond expectations. The rig has proved itself to be very strong and sturdy during heavy duty fishing, rough bar crossings and offshore conditions and does not move!

On the rear we used 20mm PVC pressure pipe to build a solid rack to carry a 50Ltr esky or 60Ltr dive bin and for rigid stability we opted to use Stainless Steel for the front rod holder and fishfinder mount. The rear rack can removed in an instant, does not damage the deck or require any hull structure modification. Changing the base can allow fitting to most skis, this one fits very neatly on any of the Seadoo GTX models 2004-2010. The front rack is handy for holding rods (great for quickly flicking lures without turning around) and acts as a extra strong anchor and ski handling point. A fishfinder can be mounted (not shown in pics) ontop of the bar and does not intrude the view of the ski instruments. The power and transducer leads are sealed and feed thought the inside of the stainless bar into the hull, very neat. Best thing i have done for the ski - great for fishing or you have another 60 litre of storage on the back for picnics, camping or fuel for long range cruising.

I thought Id post this for anyone wanting to make their own custom fishing rig. Total cost of the complete rig came in under $400 (including the rod holders and Icekool esky) partly thanks to a kind neighbour with stainless welding and bending skills. Please feel free to contact me if youd like any further advice, I can provide the design and steps in building the rig.

Mitch
    Victoria Point

PS I also have the prototype rack for sale (see classifieds) we used to make the this rig. Ideal for light fishing, carry extras $100ono includes esky.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information